How to add a VPN to iPhone free? Try to set up a VPN on iPhone for security? Get solutions here to configure a VPN on your iPhone with ease.
People use mobile phones almost every day, but mobile cybersecurity remains a big concern because it has been overlooked all the time. Today, we are living in a world where cyber-attacks continue to increase. Data leakage, unsecured Wi-Fi, network spoofing, phishing, and spyware are nothing new.
So, do we have to compromise? Absolutely not! Employing a VPN can help us cope with mobile cybersecurity challenges and protect our privacy on phones. The article will introduce how to add a VPN to iPhone with/without a VPN free app. Keep reading and learn how to set up a VPN on iPhone effortlessly.
There are primarily three reasons to add a VPN to iPhone.
Security. As we just mentioned in the introduction, mobile devices are under great cyber attacks. A VPN can create a secure connection tunnel for data transmission, preventing our devices from prying eyes.
Private Internet Access. Besides establishing an encrypted traffic tunnel, VPN can also disguise the real IP address, giving complete privacy protection.
Internet Freedom. What's more, a VPN can bypass geographic restrictions and allow people to access global content freely and anonymously.
The first approach to adding a free VPN to iPhone is via third-party VPN apps. With professional VPN software, people can bypass geographic restrictions and add another layer of protection to their devices. However, there are plenty of free VPNs in the market, and which one is the most trustworthy and reliable? In search of free VPN for iOS, we listed the best one for your reference. Let’s check out its main features together.
iTop VPN is a 100% free VPN providing 1800+ servers in 100 locations worldwide. It is known for military-grade encryption, lightning-fast speed, and no-bandwidth limit.
Check awesome feature of this VPN app for iPhone.
● No Registration. No personal info or credit card is required to register an account and enjoy VPN service.
● Smart Connection. Smart connection helps people automatically connect to the most stable and fast server, providing the optimal experience to surf online.
● Dedicated Servers. Dedicated servers have static IP addresses, and they're less likely to be blacklisted. As a result, people using dedicated servers can enjoy a smoother web experience.
● Different Modes. The iTop VPN has three modes to cover all use occasions.
Safeguard mode gives people extreme privacy protection.
Balance mode offers a flexible network solution for online surfing.
Game mode provides users ultra-fast speeds for streaming and gaming.
● No Log Policy. iTop VPN is a totally safe VPN. No user information or data will be collected or sold because it values users’ privacy and firmly sticks to the no-log policy.
● Ad Blocker. Aiming at building a green internet environment, iTop VPN has a built-in ad blocker to prevent pop-ups and malicious ads on websites.
Here is a detailed tutorial teaching you how to install a VPN on iPhone and how to configure a VPN on iPhone.
Step 1. Download and install iTop VPN on your iPhone.
Step 2. Open iTop VPN and click Connect button on main interface. It will automatically connected you to the most stable and the fastest server.
If you want to connect to a specific server. Tap on All Servers > select one > Connect.
Step 3. When it says Connected, you have added the VPN to iPhone. Now, you can browse sites, play games and use apps securely and privately.
1. iTop VPN is a cross-platform program that also works as the best free VPN for PC, Mac and Android devices. What’s more, you can use it up to 5 devices simultaneously.
2. iTop VPN can not only protect your security when using pulick Wi-Fi, but allows you to access any streaming or social media services on iPhone. For example, it can be used to unblock Snapchat, TikTok, Netflix or any other restricted apps in your country.
Alternatively, it is also possible to add a VPN directly to iPhone without downloading third-party software. Since all iOS devices natively support L2TP, IPSec, and IKEv2 VPN protocols, iPhone owners can use these protocols and manually configure a VPN for iPhone.
Now that this is a quick and inexpensive way to change network settings and set up a VPN on iPhone, so the question is: how to configure VPN on iPhone without an app? Here is everything you need to know:
Step 1. Go to Settings > General and scroll down to select VPN
Step 2. Tap Add VPN Configuration. Choose one of the VPN protocols (IKEv2, IPSec, or L2TP) as your connection type. Fill in the rest of the required VPN settings information.
Step 3. Fill in Authentication or Use Certificate. If you use a proxy, tap Manual or Auto to enable it on your iPhone. Next, save all the changes you have made.
Step 4. Go back to the previous page, and toggle the Status switch on to run the VPN on your iPhone. The appearance of a VPN icon at the top of the screen indicates a successful VPN connection.
Also Read: How to Set up PPTP VPN on Mac >>
iPhone doesn't have a built-in VPN, but it supports VPN connections of IKEv2, IPSec, and L2TP tunneling protocols.
As long as you choose a reputable and reliable VPN provider, installing a free VPN on your iPhone is safe. Trustworthy VPNs provide not only comprehensive privacy protections but also make global content accessible to anyone at any place.
In the United States, it is legal to use a VPN on iPhone for streaming videos, torrenting files, listening to music, and visiting prohibited websites.
Here are two methods on how to add a VPN to iPhone. You can opt for a reliable third-party application like iTop VPN or manually configure VPN on iPhone through supported protocols. For people who are not tech-savvy, we strongly recommend iTop VPN as the first option since it is more convenient to set up and use for beginners. iTop VPN encrypts the network traffic with top-tier encryption technology and gives you the strongest protection on your data. Download iTop to add VPN on iPhone, and try it for free now.